Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, January 25, 2016

Thailand/Lampang week 41

สวัสดีคะครอบครัว!
Well this morning I woke up FREEZING. It is 55 degrees outside and I am so cold. My body has no idea what to feel. Happy because I'm not dying of heat or feeling like I'm going to cry because it hurts. Not sure. I'm grateful to be out of the sauna for a little while though haha! 
It was a crazy week though, lost lots of sleep but somehow my body is still going! We went to Bangkok on Monday night and after a fun and rocky train ride, we made it to Bangkok at 5 a.m. So we just went straight to immigration which didn't open until 8. Great thing was that there was a bunch of other missionaries renewing their visas! So I got to see Sister Rem and Sister Jo and a bunch of other peeps! After a long bus ride back we made it back to Lampang at 10 p.m. Tuesday night. I was so tired haha. We did have the most amazing Zone Conference though on Friday. We're changing the way we teach, the way we do our missionary work so we can have the spirit with us more. We're teaching repentance and baptizing converts! I always love learning how I can be a better and more effective missionary! A lot of things are changing for the church in Thailand. We're working with the leadership and the members to help bring them all together in the work. I love it! I realize it's going to be a rocky start at first but I see amazing things coming from this. We're looking for families! If Thailand is going to have a temple, it needs people, families that are going to use it. I think that the most inspiring thing I learned though was that we were not planted on this earth by ourselves. We were given a family and that's what all the members here in Thailand need. To go to the temple with their families, not by themselves. I'm so excited, This change is going to bless Thailand and bless the saints here. 
Life here in Lampang/Thailand is so great, it's one that I cherish a lot. I have been blessed by the Lord! I feel I always have a lesson to be taught by Him. There is no greater teacher than Him. Through patience and love, He's taught me how to be a disciple, how to be better! I know we all want to be better, Christ also wants us to be better, to rise from our hiding places and caves and have faith in Him. Last week I was thinking about this a lot and Elder Darby happened to share this quote in district meeting by C.S. Lewis that I thought summed it up beautifully. 
“Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of—throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”
The Lord knows us. He knows who we are, our worries,our fears, our weaknesses. But He also knows what we can become. And that is why I respect, love and look to the Savior. Because He can make more out of me than I ever can.


ด้วยความรัก
ซ. คาร์ริโย


That We Might “Not … Shrink” (D&C 19:18)

David A. Bednar
PS.  I got my Death Date.  It is August 25th.   I will be home by August 27th!  Exactly 7 months from today!
President and Sister Johnson came to visit Lampang again!
Our bus ride back to Lampang.
 Pretty sure it was a party bus, it had some fun purple lights.
 
Got to see some of my old companions, miss these two!

The church in Chiang Mai, I have 
been here so many times in the last 5 months!
 
Chiang Mai!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment