Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Thailand/Lampang week 40

Hey Fam! 
Another fast week. We are still teaching Brother Jaycam! His daughter is so golden, she's a lot of what really pushed him to go to church and learn with us because she loves it. She loves praying for her dad a lot! Which is why it was so sad when he told us that her grandma told her she wasn't allowed to pray anymore. Apparently she cried forever about it. It was so sad! We told him though to tell her that she doesn't have to pray out loud but can pray in her heart. That made him feel better. Such a cute family, so lucky we get to teach them! Brother Santi's entire family was sick this last week so we haven't seen much of them :( Since his kids were sick we changed their date to get baptized for this week. Hopefully they feel better. This cold weather up here is killing everyone I swear! 
This week we have Zone Conference! Yayyy. President always gives us talks to read in preparation of it, which I always love because I feel like they are so relevant to me not only as a missionary but the inner struggles I have as well. Every time I ask the Lord what I can do better, I usually figure it out in my personal study and then I tell Heavenly Father that is what I will work on. And then it seems that exact thing I'm working on is magnified in every area and aspect of my life. Heavenly Father is definitely giving me the chance to work on it, to turn that weakness into a strength. Throughout this week, I have learned much about repentance. The process is not easy, really it's painful. I read a talk by Elder Holland where he said that when we are feeling that anguish of our sins, we are feeling just a little of what the Savior felt and ultimately what we would've felt for the rest of eternity if we hadn't repented. I'm so grateful for the gift of repentance. Christ suffered for us so that we wouldn't have to suffer (D&C 19:17), so that we could change from our fallen state. He made that change possible for us! I know that I have weaknesses and that I'm not perfect, but I also know that I don't just have to accept that's just the way I am. I have faith in my Savior, and I have faith in His atonement. And I have faith that through Him I can be cleansed and changed. As I always like to say, that which we persist in doing and changing everyday becomes easier and stronger and we become more "than conquerors through him that loved us". 
I probably have a couple more weeks here in Lampang so I've been trying to take everything in. We were at the park teaching one of the LA's we visit every week. I had a quick realization that I might only have a couple more times teaching her. Someday I won't be here in Lampang and that made me really sad. Time goes by too fast! I'm grateful for the time the Lord has given me to serve Him and serve His children here. I hope to be able to do everything I can the next couple weeks to make it stronger and better. 
So this week we have Zone Conference! And Sister Parker has to do her visa so we'll be going to Bangkok tonight. Chiang Mai and Bangkok in one week! Sister Parker says that I'm Dora the Explorer because I'm Mexican and I'm on an adventure. You can all just call me Dora when I get home ;) 
Love you guys, have a good week! Don't forget to pray and read your scriptures everyday! Spend some time with Heavenly Father :) 


ด้วยความรัก
ซ. คาร์ริโย


Alma 36: 16-20


Lay's Chips! We had extra time during dinner hour
                                     so we went to 7-Eleven and this is what we did.
A Wat!
This is Khao Soi,a curry soup. 
And one of my favorite things to eat!
We went and ate Vietnamese food 
as a district, it was so yummy!
We went and invited at a market and they
 had all this yummy fish waiting to be bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment