Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Thailand/Lampang week 38... More Miracles in Thailand

Hey Fam! 
It's Pday again! That was fast. This week the holidays are over and we're hoping that work will start back up again! The work has been kinda slow because everyone has been gone and not really wanting to talk to us. We've been working a lot with Brother Santi's family lately though. The Lord has surely been working with that family! I think I've mentioned how Brother Santi has had one foot in this church and then one foot in his old church since he got baptized. Last week, he all of a sudden changed, it was so weird. He knew before that this church was true but it was like he finally understood. He started calling us and asking to go teach with us and taking us to meet his friends. He's moving out of his dad's house finally! They bought a new cute little town house and are fixing it up right now. They had us come help on Saturday and some of the members will be going over to help today. 
Elders and Brother Santi destroying the ceiling.
 Getting Brother Santi's house fixed up! 
It was so dirty!

So funny story about this. When they were fixing the ceiling 
(it had water damage) all these paper birds fell out. 
Brother Santi said someone must've been missing someone!
They make these paper birds when they miss another. 
Don't know why they put them all in the ceiling.
 We found a bunch in other places as well.
Sister Angel taking care of this cute little bird. It couldn't fly anymore. :(

Brother Santi and Sister Meow all of a sudden have this want to help this branch grow and help strengthen the members. It's been fun hearing their testimonies of this church as they help teach their friends and their kids. They have experienced true conversion that only comes through Christ's restored gospel. It didn't happen all of a sudden. It all freaked me out in the beginning. I was scared and had no idea how to help them but I remember being comforted, the Lord telling me to be patient. I'm so glad I was patient and didn't give up on them. Their kids took a date to get baptized as well! That was another miracle I thought would also never happen. They just didn't seem to be accepting anything. But they finally wanted to be baptized! It has all been such a blessing from the Lord. I'm so grateful for the help He has given this family that I love so much! They just continue to surprise me everyday. 
The Lord just keeps showing us miracles in the most unexpected places. If I didn't look for them, I probably wouldn't see them. But I see miracles everyday here in Thailand. Here in the work, in the lives of the people, in my own life. How lucky I am to be apart of this! The Lord is with us, He knows us and He knows what we are capable of. I've mentioned it before, but this mission is just preparing me for the rest of my life. I believe God brought me here to this path so I could know better how to do the things I was always afraid to do. I hope we all remember to look for the blessings and the miracles that the Lord gives us everyday.
Love you all, have a great week! 

ด้วยความรัก
ซ. คาร์ริโย

One of my favorite talks about discipleship (from one of our zone trainings we got a couple of months ago):
The First Great Commandment - Elder Holland 

"And awakeand arise from the dust, Jerusalem; yea, 
and put on thy beautiful garments, daughter of Zion; 
and strengthen thy stakes and enlarge thy borders forever,
 that thou mayest no more be confounded, that the covenants of 
 the Eternal Father which he hath made unto thee,
 house of Israel, may be fulfilled." -Moroni 10:31
"And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough 
and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." -Luke 9:62
Inviting on New Years at the clock tower!
 It was a party every single night there the entire week.




Sister Meow taught us how to make Kao Soi. 
I can't wait to make it for you guys when I get back, it's delish!

Went back to Mae Moh on New Years day!

No comments:

Post a Comment