Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, February 1, 2016

Thailand/Lampang week 42 Living what I preach

Hey Fam!! 
So we had a cold front that came through Thailand this last week. And it was wonderful! We woke up Tuesday morning and we were freezing! It got down to 45* F which is the coldest it's been apparently in 8 years. It was pouring! Our house and our clothing was certainly not suited for that kind of weather. We were just throwing on all the layers we could find. That lasted for about two days. And then the Thailand that I knew came back on Friday! I had a big realization that my body is no longer adjusted to the cold and I am going to die when I go back to Rexburg. Scary! 
Winter wear!!
We were not freezing again. So we literally put on all the layers! 
We looked hilarious.
We are freezing!!!
Me trying to study. It was pretty successful.
It was a hard week for missionary work since it was so cold and it made everyone sick. But we finally got to meet with Brother Santi's family, they've been sick the past two weeks! Still kinda sick :/ Their kids are ready and set to get baptized this next Sunday. I'm sad that I won't be there for it, but that's ok. I'm grateful that I was able to be apart of the journey. I sure do love that family! I know that they are in the Lord's hands. 


Fun Lampang District story! So there's this guy in Lampang that just walks the streets. Literally just walks the streets all day. He's got some nice long hair and he wears the same short, shorts everyday (BUT, he did change his shorts the other day). The elders call him Crazy, Shorts Man. We call him our bud, even though he doesn't really like to talk to us. We're not really sure if he speaks Thai though. We don't really understand him when we talk to him. Anyways, so the elders think every time you say homeless or Crazy, Shorts Man, he'll show up. Apparently it's happened to them multiple times. And then they try and take a selfie with him. Yep, that's our elders! Sad thing is though that we haven't seen him since the cold front came through last week. But we know that the cold doesn't bothered him anyway. Because he's Crazy, Shorts Man. That's my Lampang story for you guys. จบ. 
Well this last week, I definitely got to test myself on living what I preach. It was a pretty hard week! Helmet got stolen, debit card disappeared and then I was trying to not be stressed about the future and transfers this week. I think I understand the thought process of asking why life seems so hard, especially when you feel like you're doing everything right. I don't know why things like that happen. But I do know that all the hard things I have experienced throughout my mission have benefited me so much in the end. Elder Darby said something this last week that I liked again! If life is easy, there's no benefit for us in that, because where is the chance to grow? In those times, all we can do is as Elder Holland said, "Remember the Savior's own anguished example: if the bitter cup does not pass, drink it and be strong, trusting in happier days ahead." I know life is hard but I trust in the Lord. I know that He's leading me along and that's all I need to know! We never walk alone! This week, my love for the Savior grew even more! How grateful I am to Him! 
So this week is transfers right? Scary? No, because I know I'm going to go wherever the Lord wants me to go. And I'm willing to go wherever He needs me! 
Love you family, have a great week!! 

ด้วยความรัก
ซ. คาร์ริโย

2 Nephi 31: 20 
Went back to the Mountain Wat. 
Because no one besides me had been there. 
First and last เที่ยว in Lampang!
District Lampang!





Brother Beck took us to this wat on the way home!
 It's a Burmese wat if I was reading the sign right! 

Got to switch off with Sister Hayes in Chiang Mai. 
It was fun to be with one of my MTC sisters again!


No comments:

Post a Comment