Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Friday, January 1, 2016

Thailand/Lampang week 37 Happy New Year!

Hey Fam! 
My new years was great! We went home at 6 and planned and then just chilled the rest of the night. Watched Finding Faith in Christ, great way to top off a great year! :) We were so not into staying up late, it wasn't worth it to me haha! So we went to bed at the regular time 10:30. And then 12 A.M. that's when the world exploded. Everyone was just shooting off fireworks everywhere, and it literally sounded like someone had a cannon. Me and Sister Parker jumped out of bed and looked out the window and there were just fireworks everywhere. That lasted for about 10 minutes. It was pretty exciting! สวัสดีปีใหม่!!
This past week, I thought a lot about this year, 2015. How fast it went by and how different I thought it was going to be. This past year was full of so many different things. First off, leaving my family and home and then going to a what felt like a completely different planet, dying of heat stroke everyday, eating weird food and speaking a language that I'd never even heard of the year before. It was all an adventure. It was a hard adventure! I watched as I was torn down multiple times,  but each and every time the Lord was there to pick me up. "Sometimes the Lord will bring us low, so He can lift us higher." 2015 was a year I will never forget. It was full of hard things but I saw so many miracles. Miracles within myself, within others, miracles that have changed me. I believe in miracles. I believe that our faith has the power to make what seems impossible, possible. I am so grateful that I made the choice to be a missionary. I know that I would've been fine without being a missionary but never would I have had the chance to grow like I have. I love Thailand, I even love the heat, the weird food but more than anything I love the people! I know who I want to be now. I know what I am and who I am now. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and with Him, I can do all things. 
I'm excited for this coming year! 2016, here I come! 

ด้วยความรัก
ซ. คาร์ริโย

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless live; yet not I,but Christ liveth in me: and the life which now live in the flesh live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me,and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

Christmas dinner at Long Jims 
Yay Christmas!
The Christmas ornament was the best present ever,
 it's hanging on the wall right next to my desk
Went to a waterfall! เมร์รี่ครสต์มาส!


Sister Noy, sweepin' the floor.
 Literally, I have so much love and respect for this lady!
Brother Beck trying to do a handstand. The poor tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment