Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, January 11, 2016

Thailand/Bangkok week 39

Hey family! 
Well my life in Thailand has been so nice and cold! I've literally been freezing during some of the days. And I loved every single second of it! I miss being cold! But it also made me grateful that I'm in Thailand and that it doesn't get too cold haha. 
This last week we got to teach a lot of new people. Most of our teaching pool has come from Brother Santi. He'll call us and ask us if we want to go teach one of his friends and takes us to their house. And then after that he'll say that he also has another friend right down the street from there that he wants to introduce us to. One of his friends, Brother Jaycam, accepted a date to be baptized and now his daughter is learning with us too. She's only 7 so she can get baptized when she turns 8! They're such a cute little family though. They both came to church yesterday and his daughter loved it, she bonded with all the little kids. We would have never met them if it weren't for Brother Santi. We really can't do this alone. We've tried! Without members, we don't get anywhere. I testify that members make such a difference in this work. Every member a missionary! Share this with your friends, your family, think of all the blessings of the gospel you enjoy and then think of those people that are missing those blessings. Not only does it help them but we are strengthened by it as well. There is a certain type of joy that comes from missionary work, a joy that I always want to feel. It all comes from sharing with the world that Jesus is the Christ. 
This last week our Zone Leaders have talked a lot about having joy in this work. I reflected on myself and why I was so happy all the time. I'm happy even when it's over 100 degrees outside, when it's showering rain and the streets are flooded and I'm literally biking up a river. I'm happy even when it takes all the will power I have to drag myself out of bed at 6:30 am every morning. I'm happy even when everyone rejects what we have to share and really when just everything seems like it's not going right and the world feels like it's against me. I don't know how I could be dealing with all this and still have the capacity to have happiness. If I were in any other situation, I know that I probably would've given up a long time ago. Who signs up for that kind of stuff? But somehow, every single day of my missionary life, there has been a little light at the end of the day from my Heavenly Father to show me that He hasn't forgotten me. I've accepted that life is hard. There are trials, rocky roads, and dead ends. But no matter how hard life gets, I know who I am and I know why I'm here. I'm on the Lord's side and I know He's on mine! I've learned that there are times that I just have to laugh at myself, get back up and keep on going. Christ gives us that enabling power to do this! God didn't design us to be sad creatures but to have joy. So I'm going to say what I say to myself everyday, "Find Joy in the Journey Now!"-President Monson. We have so much to be happy about. 
This week, Brother Santi's kids have a date to get baptized. So excited! It will be another great teaching week, can't wait to see what else the Lord has planned for me to learn! 
I'm so proud of my little stud muffin' brother and his decision to be baptized. He is such a special little boy, he already looks like a little missionary!
Love you guys! Have a great week! 

ด้วยความรัก
ซ. คาร์ริโย

3 Nephi 14: 7-11
District Dinner! (with Brother Don)
Elder's! Elder Darby shared with us some chili from home.
 It was so yummy, I always forget how much I miss American food!

Yay Children's Day! They have that in Thailand. 
Still don't know why America doesn't have one!

Found this cute little house by the river biking back home.
Found this on one of the notebooks at the store.
 I thought it was funny. Mainly because I was confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment