Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, March 30, 2015

MTC- week 7 The gift of tongues is so real and it's amazing! I know for a fact that I would not have been able to learn this language without it.

Sawadii Kha Khrccbkhrua! 

This week was another good week, they just go by so fast. Every day seems like a blur! Yep Lauren left this morning! She came and got me up around 2:30 and we just sat and talked until she left at 3:30. It was sad but it was such a blessing to have been able to see her as much as I did. 16 months will go by fast! I can't believe it's already almost April. I've already been out on my mission almost two months now. I feel like I just got here! We get our travel plans this Friday, I'm really excited but also really sad. It will be hard for me to leave here, however I'm so ready to get to Thailand to finally start preaching to some real investigators! And the food here is killing me. I try so hard not to complain about it but I'm dying! 

So this week our Nccn Thai's came and we got to show them around. It was pretty fun! It's nice to have more people in our zone again since so many of them left last week. It was fun to talk to the Nccn Thai's in Thai though and teach them our fun words. My teacher told me my Thai is getting really good, I was really excited to hear that! I'm able to read in script a lot easier without cheating. And get the tones which is pretty amazing because last week I did not understand how to translate the tones but I'm able to do it now. I was thinking about it last week, how much Thai I know now that I definitely did not know two months ago. The gift of tongues is so real and it's amazing! I know for a fact that I would not have been able to learn this language without it. I'm pretty sure I would've quit by now because it's seriously hard! It's the hardest language they teach here in the MTC so I'm amazed how easily we learn it. It's pretty miraculous! 

I'm really excited for this coming weekend! It's going to be a pretty chillax weekend because of conference, we're quite ready for the break. I'm excited though to listen to conference, it will probably be the first time ever that I actually sit down and listen because I won't have distraction. We didn't get to watch the Women's Conference though on Saturday, we're going to watch it during priesthood session though this Saturday! 

Well during one of our Devo's they told us that we should be sharing our experiences with our families and helping them as well come closer to Christ. So I want to throw out a challenge to you guys to read Moroni 7 (I love this chapter), but not just read it! Pick it apart and get a personal meaning out of it for you! I'd love to hear everything that you guys learned from it and how you can apply it to you (some other good ones are Hebrews 11 and Alma 32). I love you guys, I think about you all the time! Heavenly Father has been taking care of me and teaching me so much. I'm so grateful to be a disciple of Christ, I think it is one of the greatest things that I will do in this life. Not to mention the greatest privilege. I will always be His disciple though, even when I'm not wearing the tag. You don't have to be wearing the tag or have a mission call to be a missionary. Christ invites us all to share the gospel with others and live our faith to the fullest! I challenge you guys to do that every day! 

Anyways, I hope you guys have a good week! Rag khun ye!
 -Sidtee Carrillo
Name tags of all the Thai sisters

Enjoying a sunny day at the temple. 
This is the most sun we ever get.
I love this temple!
Sister Olsen's mom sent us mini cupcakes!  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment