Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, March 2, 2015

MTC - week 3 I'm so lucky to be a part of this work! I truly have the best calling in the church!


Sawadii Kha to my beautiful khrccbkhrua! 

Well this week has been a week. There was a lot of learning this week! I've been getting super frustrated with the language. Just because I feel like I don't know as much as my companion does so when we go and teach I definitely don't say as much because most of the time I can't understand what the heck she's saying! I was really upset on Saturday night and felt like I couldn't find anything in the scriptures to help me or make me feel like God was even listening to me. I accidentally turned to a page when I was trying to close my scriptures and the only reason I had noticed this scripture is because I had highlighted it a long time ago and for some reason it said "favorite scripture". I didn't even know this was my favorite scripture! Anyways it was D&C 6:36! After juicing it (Taeli will know what this means) I knew what my problem was. As soon as I walk into the room to teach, I completely doubt myself. I forget what my purpose is completely and only worry about trying to make sure my investigator understands me or just trying to get through the lesson. It's something I definitely need to work on but it was such a blessing for me to find that scripture especially during that time. And thanks Mom for that quote because that's something I really needed to hear right now! I now know what I need to work on now! 

I played the piano for the first time yesterday! Me and sister Johnson went into one of the piano rooms after dinner so she could take a nap and I could play. Almost my entire zone followed us in there! One of the Elders rapped his entire life story to one of the songs I was playing. It was so fun, I've missed playing the piano! Thank goodness I brought sheet music! We also had Mission Conference yesterday since it was fast Sunday. And Devo! I love any devotional type thing because the speakers are always so good! One of the speakers mentioned to not think of just right now and how hard it is to learn a language but to think of the generations we will bless whether it's from the people in Thailand or even my own family. It's so true though and it was exactly what I needed to hear again! 

Well Mom you read right about the MTC! You are studying a lot! Personal study is actually my favorite because I can just read the scriptures or conference talks. My scriptures are getting covered from me writing in them so much! I can't wait to show them to you! Me and Sister Johnson get up at 5:45 every morning to work out and I either go to the class or just go run and do workouts in between my runs. That time is super special to me! Sister Johnson likes getting up early thank goodness or else I'd feel really bad. I got a really good companion! We're different but that's almost what makes us such a great companionship because we cover each others weaknesses. I'm really grateful for her! The food here is eh. It looks like microwaved food to me. But I'm really picky! I love their Rice Crispie treats. That's what I have a hard time not eating!

I found a song Mom that I think you'd like! It's called Shanendoah (I think that's how you spell it?). I listen to the one that the MoTab sings. I thought of you when I was listening to it! I have a greater appreciation for church music now because it really does bring in the spirit so much. I now understand why you cry when you hear a really pretty song Mom because I always almost cry whenever we sing or I'm listening to music! I've had Abide With Me; Tis Ev'n Tide stuck in my head all day today! I usually am always singing Come thou fount though haha. 

I'm so excited for Brianna's mission call! She's going to be such a good missionary, I'm so sad that I'll barely miss her when she comes in! It truly is amazing how many missionaries there are. We watched the Joseph Smith movie last night and after almost crying a million times while watching it, I had the coolest realization. When it was over and everyone stood up and started clapping, I thought of Joseph Smith and how we are all here in the MTC right now because of him. What started out as a couple of members has now turned into thousands of members and missionaries going out to preach this gospel. I can just imagine what he thinks right now! All the suffering and persecution wasn't all for nothing because I have been so blessed because of the restoration that happened almost 200 years ago. I'm so lucky to be apart of this work! I truly have the best calling in the church! 
Our Phii Thai's left this morning so we all had to say goodbye to them last night. I didn't realize how upset I was about it until I actually had to say goodbye to them. MTC life is just not going to be the same! It's crazy because I've known them all just two weeks and I have such a sincere love for all of them! I started crying as soon as we got back to the room last night. Luckily Lauren was there! But I'll see them all in six weeks when we head to Thailand! Isn't that so crazy? I've already almost been here for 3 weeks! 
Well, I'm almost out of time. I just want to let you know how much I love you all and how I think of you guys everyday! I'm glad Aubrie isn't quitting violin, that is definitely one of my biggest regrets. And then she can teach me when I get back haha! Give the boys kisses for me, I miss "kissy time" with Carsey haha! I'm so excited about baby Gideon, tell Mike and Lindsey congrats from me! I'm so glad Dad's work is going good, that's such good news to hear! I always love hearing about home and how you guys are doing. Love you guys, choog dii! 
-Sister Carrillo 
"Le dooy amnaad khccn phrawinyaan bccrisud, thaan ca ruu khwamcin khccn thug rxan." 
Translation "And by the power of the Holy Ghost, you will know the truth of all things."

 The Thailand Peeps!
The Phii Thai's Celebrate Christmas on the 25th of every month. 
They passed this tradition on to us! 
They read us elf on the shelf and a Polynesian Santa came and visited. 
It was pretty awesome!

Our Bunk Beds!
I Love having my best friend here!!
Some of our Phii Thai Sisters
 Love these girls!
Our next door Phii Thai's.  I already miss them!

My District Sisters!
Some of my favorite People




























No comments:

Post a Comment