Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

MTC-week 8 My last letter from the MTC!


Sawad dii khaa! 

Well it's my last week in the MTC and it's quite bittersweet for me. We got our travel plans Friday, and we leave next Monday at 3:30 in the morning (yuck). And then from SLC we fly to Minnesota and then from there straight to Thailand. I think that's kind of weird but oh well! It's going to be a 22 hour flight. I will have to sleep or else I'll probably die. I'm so excited though to go! It's finally becoming real! 

We went to an endowment session this morning and afterwards just sat in the celestial room. And then I cried when we left and pretty much had tears in my eyes all the way back down to the MTC. It's my last time going to the temple for 16 months. I'm so grateful for the time I was able to go though! Speaking of temples though, I'm guessing you all heard the fantastic news! So this last week, we were talking to our teachers about Thailand getting a temple and how perfect it would be if they announced it in conference. So we were kind of disappointed when they didn't announce anything on Saturday about new temples. But as President Monson was announcing three new temples I was just chanting in my head "Bangkok Thailand, Bangkok Thailand!" and then he said it right at the end! Our reactions were so priceless though. We all pretty much gasped and screamed and then all of us sisters started crying. Yep, I've been crying a lot lately! I'm just so happy for the saints in Thailand! Their closest temple is in Hong Kong 1,000 miles away! Now when we teach about going to the temple, it's going to mean so much more because it will be right there in the heart of Bangkok! How lucky am I to get to be apart of the growth in that part of the world. So excited! Though I won't be on my mission when they'll probably be finished with it though, I'm already planning on making my way back there for it's dedication. I wouldn't miss that for the world! 

This last general conference was such a good one! It's the first time in my life I just sat down and listened and I actually learned a lot! I loved the talks on Sunday about the atonement. Really though, without the atonement I would be nothing. If there was no atonement we would have no hope or chance of ever being like Heavenly Father or overcoming our natural selves. I'm just grateful that the Savior loved me so much that He would die so that I could live. It's a debt I know I will never be able to repay but that's why I'm out here on my mission. I owe my life to Him and giving Him 18 months of my life is nothing compared to what He did for me. Even after my mission I will spend my life serving Him and being a representative of Him! I also loved the talk (I can't remember who it was by) that talked about miracles and how we see miracles in our day. It was a miracle to me that they announced a temple in Bangkok and I had the privilege of being a missionary there in the time of it's announcement. It was a miracle the day President Monson announced the mission age change for girls because like it did for so many, it changed my life forever. Even answered prayers, or talks I find or even set backs are all from the hand of the Lord and I consider them miracles. I see so many more miracles in my life each day as I look for them more and pray to be able to see them. It's amazing how involved Heavenly Father is in our lives when we just open our eyes. 
Well this is my last time writing to you guys in the U.S. Kind of weird to think of! I'm so excited to go though, as nervous as I am. I remember when I opened my mission call and I was almost disappointed because it was not where I planned to go. But the Lord knows better! Even as I've been in the MTC I have grown to love Thailand so much. Before I left Mom, you asked me if they offered to send me to South America instead, if I'd take the offer. I was really hesitant about that but now I wouldn't trade where I'm going for anything. I can't imagine anything else besides Thailand. While being in the MTC, I've learned how to just trust in the Lord and have faith that He will lead me to where I'm suppose to go. It's been such a great experience in the MTC and one I will never forget! I can't imagine being anything else but a missionary and servant of my Savior. 
I love you all and hope you have a great week! Give the boys lots of kisses for me! 
-Sister Carrillo
P.S. I will call you guys around 6-6:30 a.m. next monday! Also thank you for the package, it was perfect! Mom you must know me really well because you gave me lots of chocolate. I'm known as the chocola-holic here! I'm also know as push-ups, that's been real fun. Mainly because I try to do a hundred push-ups every night and all the elders found out and now they try to do push-ups every night as well. It's so funny!  Anyways can't wait to talk, love you! 


This is my new name tag in Thai!
 Our District!  The MTC just wouldn't have
been the same without them!
We got our travel papers!
So Excited there's going to be a PHRAWIHAAN
in Thailand!
Sorry-  this is a horrible picture
Our group

No comments:

Post a Comment