Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, May 23, 2016

Thailand/Chaengwattana week 58....What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Hey Family, 

This week was a miracle filled week. Nothing big happened but little tiny tender mercies that helped me to know that the Lord is with me and my companion.This week I just felt light on my feet. That is the only way I know how to describe missionary work is that sometimes you just want to run and dance. It's the best feeling in the world. My heart is always full while sharing the gospel. It's something that I hope I never lose. Life is so beautiful, in all kinds of forms. Sometimes I think we take things too seriously, like it's the end of the world. But I've met people that have seen and been through so much worse than I ever have. I thought about that for so long. How could I not turn bitter after seeing so much hate and terror? How could that not scar me? How do people do that and still the world keeps going? If you think of darkness though, it's just an absence of light. I've seen that in my own life, that I had a choice. I could either sit in my own darkness or I could move and turn on the light. I can turn to the Savior by opening my heart, by looking for not the gray and black but the colors in life. There is so much to be sad and down about if that's all you think about. But there's also so much more to be grateful and glad for. I just don't understand how people can live their life without the gospel. That has been my light and rock in life when I wanted to give up. I know that Christ is our Savior, and that He has delivered us from the dark, the unknown and brought us into eternal light if we will accept it. It's just our choice if we want to flip the light switch. Life is so wonderful and beautiful. There's so much beauty in being human. I know that we're children of God and that He has sent us here to experience these things! But He has promised us that He will never leave us alone. Christ already walked those paths so that we never would have to walk them alone. I'm so grateful for the examples of faith I have seen in the people I have met here. Hope is never lost and God will never forsake us. 
Life is great.
I'm in the most dysfunctional district, and it makes it so fun and funny. I love my district!
Also me and Sister Olsen are apparently fairies (as said by Sister Ooy's mother because we go out teaching the gospel). 
According to the Bishop's daughter, we can make it rain Book of Mormons by giving them out to people (Yeah! make it rain!). 
Bright Beams Our Father's Mercy is the song of my mission. Me and the sisters are constantly singing it haha! (if you want to listen to a really good version listen to the one by The Lower Lights) 
It's been raining a ton here in Bangkok. That was a tender mercy! I still sweat though. Not sure if I'll ever not sweat. haha.
We have a combination of Pakistani, Cambodian, Thai, African, and Filipino investigators we are teaching. LOVE being in a international branch!! 

I'm excited for this week! Next week is transfers! it's crazy how fast they come and go. Hoping I stay but I've gotten to the point in my mission where I'm just used to everything changing and never getting comfortable. I'll go where God needs me to be! In my crazy life, my most constant point has been Christ. I know He is the one that has kept me going :) 

Love you all!! Have a great week!! 

Mais 

Found this quote I had written in my scriptures when I was in the MTC: "In the depth of winter, we find with in us an invincible summer." 

I ask myself this question everyday: What would you do if you weren't afraid? 
Sister Olsen, Sim, Beckstrand, Capin (from Australia) and me!
Our district went down to สยาม for Pday last week. 
Here's the sisters! 
Me and Sister Olsen, we think we're hilarious!
Teaching our Cambodian investigators at their house!
These cute little Cambodian boys! 
They remind me of Crue and Carsen...

Out proselyting with Sister Watermelon! 
I'm a Fresh Mexican on a mission!
 Everyone loved this and asked if I felt right at home.
 It was funny! 

Salman and Sharman made us some Pakistani food. 
It's a lot yummier than it looks!
Brother Michael. He's always got a smile!!
This is right outside the walls of Central. 
Not sure why it's actually there, but we thought it was funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment