Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, May 9, 2016

Thailand/Chaengwattana week 56..... Week of Miracles


สวัสดีวันแม่!!!!

What a spiritual week. So many miracles! God led us to so many amazing people. 
Here is one of the many miracles that happened this week:
Tuesday night I was talking to Elder Quinn and he said that he had a referral for us. A Pakistani family that had just called asking about our church. We called them and set up an appointment with them for Saturday night and went to their home. The instant I saw them, I loved them. Salman and Sharman are refugees from Pakistan and are now living here in Thailand with their three children. They fled their country after all the persecution their endured for their Christian beliefs and the threat of execution. They have suffered much and still are not in the best circumstances. They love God and as Salman bore his testimony to us of the greatness of God and the atonement, I couldn't help but tear up. I have never suffered such persecution and I couldn't help but think how lucky I am to have the freedom to worship Christ. I felt so much love for this family. That Heavenly Father has been with them the entire time and He is aware of them. Sharman was walking one day when she noticed a picture of Jesus Christ on the ground. Luckily there was a number on the back that she felt she should call. And she called us! What a tender mercy of the Lord! Meeting them was such an amazing experience, one I will never forget. I know the Lord has led them. I know the Lord is involved in every single detail of our lives. When we lift the scales from our eyes, we can see that the Lord has a guiding hand constantly over us. I love my Heavenly Father! I know He lives and I know that He loves us! 
And now to my madre: 
This is a childrens song that the young womens sang yesterday at church. I loved it because I felt it explained exactly what my mother is to me. 

Two thousand stripling warriors, strong and brave and true. Had faith that would not waver because their mothers knew. Though young, they trusted fully. They stood for what was right. My mother tells this story and I trust with all my might. She prays to Heavenly Father with a faith so pure. I know I can not doubt Him because my mother's sure. They Spirit guides her actions. She serves with gentle hands. She comforts, guides and teaches. She tells me who I am. our Savior's power reflected in the love I feel. When Mother speaks of Jesus and how His grace is real. The stirring in my heart proves that I have learned the truth: I am a stripling warrior. I have faith beyond my youth.
 I am a stripling warrior. I hold the shield of faith that comes from my own mother. It will guide me all my days. She armed me with the sword of truth and hope in God above. I will follow her example to trust in our Father's love. 

Love you Mommio! Thank you for being amazing and for being my mom! 

Have a great week everyone! 

ซิสเตอร์ ริโย

Matthew 16:16
I love Bangkok!! :)
Eating Que Paso with the sisters! 
Gotta get our Mexican food!
Mothers Day! All the girls 12+ got a bouquet of flowers!

Our investigators from Pakistan! Sharman and Shannon. 
They came on a great day!
We gave these cute grandmas our flowers for being such 
great influences and strengths in the church here in Thailand.
 They are the pioneers here!
My Happy Place!
We love when weddings take place at the church! 
Because that's when the missionaries crash it!

Our interesting and yummy Islamic food!
This is how we eat cupcakes in Thailand. 
With chopsticks!! 
Our second home, taxis!

No comments:

Post a Comment