Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, May 2, 2016

Thailand/Chaengwattana week 55.... Back to Korat!!

Hey everyone! 
This week was so great, it was such a crazy one! First off, I got to go back to my greenie area for a day, Korat, which was the weirdest but funnest thing ever! I got to see all my RC's and show Sister Black around where all the LA's were that I had visited. I didn't tell anyone I was coming and so when they saw me, they all would say hi to me and then take a double take and ask me how I got there. I told them I took a bus there haha. It was so fun! I think I thought they all would've forgotten me, but they didn't. People really don't forget you! That was really fun to see everyone. I really love the people in Korat. 
My Korat family! I missed them all!
Sister Blaa, my greenie best friend!
Sister First! She's still amazing and strong,
 It was such a blessing to be able to see her!
Switching off with Sister Black in Korat! 
Back home again!
Visiting this cute family, this was the first Thai 
home I had ever gone to when I was a greenie!

Brother Miit and his new wife Sister Bird! Such a happy reunion!!

So we've found some great inviting places. We just have to go where all the white people hangout. So that means going to all the high-so restaurant places and hanging out at Central. It's so fun, it's like a scavenger hunt looking for all the foreigners. We've been praying a lot to be able to find people that are ready. And it's amazing because we've had some pretty good success at finding people this last week. I've learned that if you pray for it and you work for it, the Lord will lead you to it. We ran into this Filipino guy one night that happens to be friends with one of the members at church and so we got to meet with him at their house and teach him. He was so set on reading the Book of Mormon and asking if it was true. Not everyone is too friendly though. Some of them know exactly who we are haha! There was a guy from Scotland that asked why our priest makes us go and try to persuade everyone to be a Mormon. It was a cool moment for me. We told him that no one made us do anything, but that we chose to do this because God sent us to help His children know Him and have everything  and all the blessings He has in store for them. No one made me do this, I'm here because I chose to come and I know it's right! 
We've taught the restoration a ton this whole week!! I understand the need for a restoration so much more. I have never been so thankful for the First Vision. I received that confirmation for myself again that this church is the true church. How confusing would it be for us to rely on human understand and wisdom. I'm grateful that I don't have myself or others to rely on but my Heavenly Father to reveal the truth to me. I know what I have felt and I know that this church truly is His. God is great and He has never left us and He never will. I know that is true. 
We've seen lots of great miracles here and it's only been a week! I know the Lord will continue to bless us and lead us. I have so much to learn still about being a missionary but I have confidence in my God that He will continue to help me know how to be better. i love being a missionary, there is no greater joy I have ever experienced! I am grateful for where I am serving. I have such wonderful people all around me. I have felt God's presence in my life more than ever this past week. 

Love you Fam! I can't wait to talk to you guys next week!! It will probably be around 8:30! See you then! :) 

ซิสเตอร์ ริโย 

My absolute favorite quote!: "I believe in Christ like I believe in the sun. Not because I can see it, but by it, I can see everything else." -C.S. Lewis
Sister Kim Sawon, one of the Cambodian's in our ward we visited!
This chocolate, the best chocolate ever. Too bad it's illegal in America!
This is our new investigator Oy. The other, Sister Watermelon, 
is a returned missionary from Australia that has been helping us teach 
Oy. Oy calls us her daughters and we call her mom. She's so great!
We had a nice break from the heat on Saturday!
 It was a bearable day in Bangkok!

No comments:

Post a Comment