Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, February 29, 2016

Thailand/Chaengwattana week 46

Hey Family!
It was such a great week. I think me and Sister Forte said that about a million times before we'd go to bed every night. We've had some fun, and adventurous filled days! Yesterday, Sophia got baptized! Her testimony was so cute and she was all bright and sparkly! The International ward just loved her. A couple days before her baptism, she literally got mugged. This motorcycle dude just zoomed past her and grabbed her bag from right off of her shoulders. She lost a lot of stuff in their and she was suppose to meet with the police Sunday but she told them that she had to do it early in the morning because she had a very important thing to do at two o'clock that day. She is so amazing! I'm so glad that I've had the opportunity to teach her these past couple of weeks. I feel very spoiled and lucky to be where I'm at and to know the people that I do. Serving in an international ward has been so  special! We still do get to teach Thai people though! A lot of our investigators are Thai and we have one Nigerian we're teaching and then Sophia's cousin Lillian. It's so much fun! 
It really was a great week. I am surrounded by amazing people. Watching the members here just makes me want to be the best member I can when I get home. Really though, there are so many things that I want to do better. I'm so grateful to be here, I thank the Lord everyday for the blessing He has given me in hastening the work here in Thailand. Not only do I have the pleasure of teaching others but they are teaching me as well. It's fun looking back on the week and seeing the Lord's hand in everything. The places that we were led, the things that happened that were so unplanned. God truly is in everything. And that's my challenge to you guys is to look for His hand in your life everyday. And I promise you that you will see it and you will know that He truly is always there.I know that we are His children and He loves us more than we could possibly know. If we could all see ourselves through God's eyes, I think we would live our lives a bit differently. Don't forget who you are and your divine potential and I will strive to not forget as well :) Love you all, take care and don't forget to read in your scriptures! :)

ด้วยความรัก
ซ. คาร์ริโย

Psalms 40: 1-3
Sophia's Baptism!
And Arthur (a Chinese RC) got to baptize her!
Went inviting at the market in Pak Kret!
The Market


So many fish! People were throwing them bread so
 they were all right up next to the dock. Yuck!
We thought we were pretty funny playing 
with our orange peels haha!
Luff you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment