Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, February 8, 2016

Thailand/Chaengwattana week 43 One year as a Missionary!!

Hey Fam! 
This last week has just been the craziest ever. I knew I was leaving Lampang, my limit was 4 transfers. I was so sad! Let's just say that I was an emotional mess but didn't cry until I was at the bus station and everyone was saying goodbye to me. Then I bawled my eyes out. But it's ok, it was time for me to move on.
My favorite family!
At the bus stop getting ready to leave!

I will miss the people in Lampang!
I got moved to Chaengwattana in Bangkok. For the first time in 10 months, I'm finally in Bangkok! It's crazy! I'm with Sister Forte, who happens to be my phii Thai from the MTC. I was way excited to be companions with her, I've been super lucky with companions my entire mission. We are the STL's here (we just watch over the sisters in this zone and the other zone since they don't have STL's). The coolest thing is that I'm experiencing so many different types of cultures. Me and Sister Forte are over the International ward here, so I go to church in English. It's the weirdest thing ever! I have also discovered that I cannot pray out loud in English anymore. All that wants to come out is Thai. It's kind of embarrassing haha. Guess it's a good thing I'm here, so I can practice my English again! Anyways, a lot of the members here are from States, Africa, China, Australia, the Philippines, all those cool places. It's been so fun! It's what I imagine it would be like to be a missionary in America. But I'm in Thailand so it's better! I still get to teach in Thai though. There's two Thai wards here that we go to. Me and Sister Forte just specifically take care of the Internationals.  So I'm at church from 9 am to 4 pm. My life has gotten a little crazier since I moved to the city! But it's good, being busy is what I want to be! It's been quite the culture shock here though. First off, I go from tiny little town to L.A., and from zero people who know English to about 70% who can speak it. I can't imagine what my culture shock will be like when I actually move back to America again. I love it here though! It's another adventure and I'm excited to experience it. 


Lunch at Central Plaza



This week, I studied a lot about the Atonement. Just because I feel like no matter how much I study it, I learn something new each time. It amazes me more and more every time. I've been studying Jesus the Christ lately and got to the part where it talks about how Christ literally descended below all things. During that time, He felt all the pains and sorrows, met all the horrors of Satan. Only He, who was God, could take upon Himself these horrors and sins. None of us would be able to carry it, for it would have killed any man. I don't think I can ever understand how He did it, understand the things that He experienced. But I do understand that He did it because of each of us. Because He loved us and that love for us was stronger than His fear and pain. He did it so that He could carry me because I'm not strong enough to overcome these things by myself. I can't be happy without Him, I can't be whole, I can't see. I have seen Him in so many aspects of my life. The things He overcame for me, I will never be able to pay back. The only thing that I can give is myself and if that's what He asks then that is what I will give. I will choose God first. I'm grateful to know where to look. And I guess that's why I'm here. So that others can know where to look when they are lost. So many people don't know what Christ did for them. That their pains and sorrows can be lifted by Him if they will turn to Him. How lucky I am to have a calling to bring others closer to Him, to feel the joy and peace that I have received from knowing Him. My joy  feels so complete in this work. I love being a disciple of Christ. I know who I am, I know God's plan and I'll follow Him in faith! :) 

Well, it's going to be an exciting week! I hit my year mark since I entered the MTC this Thursday (weird).  One year as a missionary! It's been so fun. Time just flies. 

It's going to be a great transfer, I can just feel it! 

Love you all! Have a good week! 

ด้วยความรัก
ซ. คาร์ริโย

2 Nephi 10: 24-25
 ลำปาง District! I'm going to miss these people!

My Shawarma people! Every Tuesday and
 Wednesday nights, I'm going to miss them!
Bangkok
It's Chinese New Year! So there was a huge dragon 
thing walking around the mall (it was like Mulan!)

Letter from her Mission President

 Dear Brother and Sister Carrillo,
It is a pleasure to advise you that the Lord has called your daughter, Sister Maisie Lyn Carrillo to serve as a Sister Training Leader in the Thailand Bangkok Mission. As a Sister Training Leader, she will be responsible to conduct companion exchanges with other sisters and participate in the Mission Leadership Council. Sister Training Leaders are responsible to maintain their regular proselyting areas also assist the Mission President, Assistants, Zone Leaders and District Leaders in training meetings and zone conferences.


Sister Carrillo has shown a desire to be dedicated and obedient. Her strength of character is a great example to the missionaries with whom she serves and is a reflection of those who raised her. Thank you for all you have done to prepare your daughter for the great trust the Lord has now placed upon her.


Sister Johnson and I thank you for your continued faith and prayers in your daughter's behalf.


Sincerely,




President Kelly R. JohnsonThailand Bangkok Mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment