Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, July 25, 2016

Thailand/Asoke Week 67

Hey everyone! 
This week was a really good one. Lots of cool miracles, experiences, and we were so lead by the hand of the Lord this week. So Wednesday morning, President calls me and asks if we could come pick up Sister Soyson who is fresh out of the MTC in Provo. She's going to New Zealand for her mission and just at the last second, her visa didn't work out. So she came back to Thailand and now she is apart of mine and Sister Htway's companionship. Two things there that I have always wanted to happen my entire mission: I've always wanted a khon Thai companion and I've always thought it would be fun to be in a trio. And on my last transfer, both of those things happened! We love having her, it's been so fun. Not sure how long she'll be with us but in my own selfish way, I hope we get to keep her for a while haha. 
Me, Sister Soyson, and Sister Htway,
 Our fun companionship!
This week was a lot of hunting people down. I've become really good at doing that. Since we're in the international ward, the members live all across Bangkok. So we literally spent the past week running across this gigantic city. We literally run. Poor Sister Soyson.  
Planning :)
Seriously, so many miracles though. As we've been traveling along, we've met some pretty cool people. And some of them even came to church. We had 6 investigators at our international ward. That's been hard for me to get in a Thai ward, let alone in the international ward! I was in awe yesterday. I guess I need to stop underestimating the Lord. Like I've said before, I'm a full believer in miracles. I've learned that anything is possible if it's the will of the Lord. I know He has people prepared. It's all a matter of using your faith and opening your mouth. 
I'd like to share something that I experienced yesterday. I was asked to help teach this woman who was recently baptized and right now is struggling a lot with her testimony. As she was talking about how confused she was about this church (she was Catholic before) and that the Lord wasn't answering her prayers, I listened to the spirit on the things that I should say to her. Then a memory came into my head. I remembered those feelings that I had once had before. I've always felt in my heart that this church was true. But I always sometimes felt that the Lord wasn't answering my prayers. I felt alone and sometimes that I didn't know how to calm my fears or questions that I always had stirring inside of me. I turned to the scriptures. In Mark 4 it talks about a storm arose as Christ and His disciples were traveling on the sea. 
38. And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, 
     and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

 39. And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. 
      And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.
      And then the Savior turns to them and says to them: 
40. Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

I know that in life we are going to have questions. I know others will sometimes say things that question our faith and the things that we know. Sometimes we get so sucked into those questions and the things that we cannot understanding that we forget the things that we do know to be true. We forget our own testimony and let doubt and fear take over. I let her know and I want you all to know, that same person that calmed that storm, has the power to calm the storms in our lives. We have to let Him in. We have to have faith. We have to trust Him. He has taught me how to calm my storms and I know that He can do that for all of us. I've had questions. But it has been through trusting in Him and in His timing that I have received my answers. I can testify that the Lord loves us and He does answer our prayers. He has never given up on me, and I have promised I would never give up on Him. Trust in the Lord and trust in His timing. 
Just like Nephi said, I don't know the meaning of all things. But I know that God loves His children. And that's all I need to know! :) 
Excited for this week! It's going to be another miracle week!! 
Love always, 
Sister Carrillo
A house full of sisters. It's a party house!
The Asoke sisters! So fun having so many of us here!
We went and visited a member at their home and
 this thing was walking around! 
Just like our pet bird when I was younger, 
except this one is much bigger and doesn't bite me :)
Sister Martell took us to get rolled ice cream!

Sister Htway walks around with an umbrella everywhere. 
I've almost gotten to the point where I'm scared to get tan as well.
One of the members wanted to do my hair. 
So I let her haha! It actually turned out really cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment