Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, June 27, 2016

Thailand/Asoke Week 63....."Today is the Day!"

Hey everyone!
This week was a crazy one. Every day just seems so random. Saturday we taught a Pakistani man, a Chinese man, and then an African man. And we just recently started teaching a guy from Seattle. I love serving in an international area! 
I bought a shirt recently that says, "Today is the day." So every single day when me and Sister Mags go out we say, "Today is the day!" I thought a lot about this saying and its meaning for all of us. Everyday when we wake up, it's a new start, a new beginning. A chance to learn something new and rediscover our strengths as well as who we are. Something I've learned through the course of my mission is that it is never too late to change. We can't always change the choices that we've already made or the circumstances sometimes but we can change ourselves. How grateful I am for the atonement. We taught a man that had lost a lot. And it was because of the choices that he and those around him had made. And he's paying for it. It keeps him up in the night, it eats at him throughout the day. All he can do is sit at the window and stare, wishing that he could take back what he had done. There was something that I really wanted him to know and something that I hope that I always remember. God loves us. He wants us to be happy. And though we make mistakes sometimes and aren't always the smartest, He still loves us. And that is why He sent His son Jesus Christ to make up what we can't, to mend the things that we have broken. And what courage that gives me! When I fall down, I know I can get right back up, dust myself off and say, "well, I will not be doing that again!" and keep moving forward. There is nothing that Christ has not already overcome, therefore, there is nothing that we cannot overcome. I'm grateful for everyday that comes! I know that if I didn't do so good the day before, there's a chance for me to start over and do better. It's never too late! God is always reaching out for us. His arms are wide open, ready to take us in. But it's our choice to take that first step. "Today is the day!" to try something new, to start all over, to be who you want to be! I have faith in the atonement and I know that it is real. The atonement has changed me. I know that Christ is risen, and that He lives! Never in my life have I known it more than I know now. 

Love you all! Have a great week! 

ซิสเตอร์ ริโย

It rained.

Brother Fu Hong made us a feast of veggies!
Ate at Brother Fu Hong's house and he had me cut the fruit. 
Everyone asked me how I knew how to cut fruit 
and I just told them by watching my mom :)
Went on a switch off with Sister Woon! 
She's serving up in Lampang right now! :)
Just standin' in the crowded MRT.
Elder Ellsworth sent us on a mission to find him 
a bouquet of flowers (we failed and found weeds) 
and gave us some okra to eat on the way!
Member highlight of the week: Sister Mickey. 
She is currently putting her papers in to be a missionary! 
She helps us teach all the time, and keeps us laughing. 
I absolutely love this girl! Fun fact: Her sister's name is Minnie.
When Sister Pen goes outside, she covers every inch of her body.
 That's the คนไทย protocal. Avoid the tan!
Flooded parking lots. It's rainy season!

No comments:

Post a Comment