Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Thailand/Asoke Week 61....."Whosoever is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

Hello again! 

It is rainy season here in Thailand! I love the rain. 
This week was a lot of meetings, with MLC, our dying meeting and then we had some more training. How grateful I am for training in knowing how I can be a better missionary to the people here. 
In MLC one of my favorite stories in the New Testament was talked about! In John 8 a woman is thrown at the feet of Jesus for committing adultery. I have always loved watching this Bible video because the compassion that Christ has for her just melts my heart. 
"Whosoever is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." 
And not one of them could do it, because they each realized that they all had sin. But Jesus Christ, who was sinless, could have casted that stone at her. 

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman,
 where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her,Neither do condemn thee: go, and sin 
no more.
I love these scriptures! If you look at the Joseph Smith translation it says that she went on praising God from that time on. He didn't condemn her because what good would that have done? Instead, he did something amazing. He did something that changed her attitude, something that turned her back to God. And so what should we do as followers of Christ? We do not condemn but we love and serve and in that we change attitudes! It's in the small things that we give to others. The other day we went to go and teach Sister Neen at her home, who happened to not be there. But her mom, Sister Pan, was there! Her mom is a returning less active and has been strengthened so much by the love and patience that the missionaries and members have given her. Sister Pan was telling us how much she loved music but didn't have anything to listen to so she listened to the radio. Me and Sister Mags just looked at each other and then said, "We can sing to you!" She got all excited after that and sat with us on the couch as we sang her Love at Home in English. She loved it. She told us to come back again and sing to her. Her whole countenance had changed by the time we left that home. All I could think about was Christ and the woman whose life He had changed because of His unending and never changing love. And all the others lives He has changed. He left people better than before. And how grateful was I that day to have left Sister Pan in better spirits than she had been when we first gotten there. And how I hope to do that everywhere I go as representative of Christ and a child of God. 
I love Thailand. And one of my greatest rewards at the end of my mission will be to have left it better than before. To have loved it with my entire heart and given it my all. 
I testify that Christ loves us. And there is great strength and power in showing that Christlike love and compassion for others. There is no greater joy than in blessing the life of another. I love my calling. I plan to live it my entire life. 
Have a great week family! I love you guys! Tell Crue to stop getting so tall. 
Sister Rio 
I remember this quote Mom that you kept on the fridge all while we were growing up: Be the kind of person that those that know you, but don't know Christ, will want to know Christ because they know you. 
 MLC with my sisters!
 


Adorable random little girls that just came up 
and hugged me on the street. They were so cute!

Found Sister Johnson (my good old MTC companion!) 
and Sister Powell at Terminal! We are finally serving in the same zone!
Our investigator, Sister Dam, making some sort of seasoning.
Sister Yog's view from her apartment. I love Bangkok.
We were with Sister Panasuto so we had to go somewhere
 with squid heads. Yum.
Just hanging out at the ตลาด!!
Reunited for our dying meeting. First time 
we've all been together since the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment