Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, March 28, 2016

Thailand/Chaengwattana week 50 Easter Weekend

Hey Family! 
It was a great Easter week. Me and Sister Belnap taught Relief Society yesterday so we were studying the atonement all week for it. I can't tell you how many times I've just sat and wanted to cry because of my awe of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice. I have too many thoughts about the atonement to share but I think these scriptures can describe my hope and joy better than I can: 



And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.

3 Nephi 11: 11



And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

Therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.

D&C 122: 7-9



I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 14: 18



Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 14: 27



These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

John 16: 33



For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

1 Corinthians 15: 22



For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3: 16



He is not here, for He is risen. 

Matthew 28: 6





The last one is my favorite. Christ has descended below all things, all the hurt, pain temptations and wrongs in the world, He has already overcome. The bands of death have been broken! So when life gets hard and dark, I hope I always remember that Christ has risen and that the victory has already been won. 

I hope this Easter has been as spiritual, special and uplifting as it has been for me. I realized that it is because of the atonement that we are an eternal family. How special is that! I love you guys! 



ซิสเตอร์ ริโย
Hey Mom!  
Sorry, my card reader has disappeared so I won't be able to send any pictures home this week:/ I'll try and find it!

Thanks for sending me pictures, I love pictures! It looks like it was so much fun! I think I've been to the fort place you were talking about when I went to Talise's brothers wedding down in St. George.

I haven't gotten my package yet but we have MLC this week so I'll be going to the office. I think Lauren sent me a package as well! 
I'm in a ward, a white ward so they definitely do stuff for Easter! It was a way good sacrament, the primary went up and sang and then someone did a pretty piano solo. I was in the MTC last Easter. That's so weird to think of. I also was in the MTC for GC as well! I won't be able to watch it until the next two weeks since we're ahead on time. We'll watch it the same as you guys do just at the church. So two on saturday and two on sunday. I'm excited! It's so weird it's conference again. I wanted to tell you, you should try and get tickets for next conference. More than anything I just want to go to general conference! I think it'd be so fun for all of us to go. Also when I get home, I really want to go to the temple. I really miss the temple. 
I did hear about the bombings. It's so sad and scary but it's just a miracle that they were only hurt.


Well enjoy conference this week! I'm glad that conference was always such a big deal at home. I'm just glad that you and dad always put church things first. Although I didn't seen the importance of it then, I've seen how much of a blessing it's been in my life. I'm glad Sundays were a family day! 

Love you Mom! 
Mais 

Hey Dad,
My week was good, it went by super fast again! I really like Easter as well. I understand it's meaning a lot more than I did before. I always thought of Jesus and that on the third day He rose, but I didn't know how much meaning that had for me and my own life. 

It's so fun that you guys get to meet so many sister missionaries. We love meeting friendly families. There's a girl that I'm STL over and she is going to Salt Lake for her mission pretty soon. I'm way excited because I'll just go visit her and speak Thai with her. There's a lot of Thai people that go to the states for their mission. It's great for them because then they learn English. 
I haven't been able to meet with Sister Hansen yet, we've been super busy. But I want to get it started before I leave this area at least and get your family names in there. I know I need to get started on it, I've been repenting way hard that I've never done it before. 
Love you Dad, hope you have a great week! 
Mais 
Easter at the Martin's

Sister Beckstrand and Panasuto had a baptism!
Bangkok North Easter Activity 




No comments:

Post a Comment