Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thailand/Chaengwattana week 49

Hello friends and familia! 


This week was CRAZY BUSY. We've had one lesson after the other and I'll have to admit that it's pretty exhausting. But I just love teaching people the gospel! I especially love my new companion, Sister Belnap from Arkansas! She is such a great teacher and missionary! I feel super lucky to be with her on her last transfer!
This last week we taught Michael, our investigator from Iran, literally everyday. He always calls and asks what the "program" is for the day. Haha! He wants to learn, so we teach him! We noticed though that the things that we had him read from the Book of Mormon weren't really making sense to him. He liked it and the way it made him feel when he read but he didn't really understand too much. Especially since English is his second language, Farsi/Persian being his first. So we got online and looked for a Book of Mormon in his language which he was pretty doubtful that we'd find but we did! He looked at it and was so excited! He started reading from the beginning and then repeating back to us what it meant in English. It was literally like a light switch. As soon as he started reading the Book of Mormon in his own language, the spirit literally filled the room. It was so amazing. He was so happy. We pretty much didn't talk the entire rest of the time because he just sat there and read and cried. The spirit taught that lesson. I'm so grateful that I was able to be there and witness that little miracle. How grateful I am for the Book of Mormon! 
This week is Easter! I'm so grateful for this time of year. I love all these holidays that are so centered around Christ! I've been studying the Infinite Atonement by Elder Tad Callister. I've always focused on the blessings of the atonement in my life but I've never thought of what would happen to each of us if there was no atonement. In his book he talks about this. We couldn't change, our guilt and feelings of suffering could never be overcome. We couldn't be resurrected, we wouldn't even be able to attain any of the kingdoms of glory without it. We'd be subject to Satan for the rest of eternity, no matter how good of a person we were or how hard we tried, we'd never be good enough. How hopeless and pointless life would be. How grateful I am that we have a Savior! My gratitude for Christ and His sacrifice has grown more and more over the time of my mission as I've studied and as the hard times came. But just as fast as they came, they left. I have faith in Christ and His atonement to heal, purify, strengthen, and give us the enabling power to press forward. I know Christ lives and that He is my Redeemer and Savior and it is through Him that I have life. 

#Hallelujah

Miracles are happening here! There's much to come! 

With love, 

ซิสเตอร์ ริโย

Hebrews 12: 1-2
We got to go to mutual and give the youth some tips
 on how to be missionaries. It was so fun!
Visiting the Smith family
Selfie-ing it with my new companion and this 
beautiful daughter of God that we were inviting!
Sister Christine invited us over for dinner (and fed us some yummy African food!)
 along with two of her friends that we got to teach the Restoration. 

Sister Pim went everywhere helping us teach all this last week. We love her!
FHE at President Wisan's!
The Smith's are leaving! I'm going to miss them. 
Especially Sister Smith's black cake every Sunday!
These two boys were so awesome and helped us find
 the post office to find an address. 
We knew exactly where it was but we thought we'd 
let them help us out instead of go play video games. :)
Bangkok!  I Love this place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment