Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Thailand/Chaengwattana week 48

Hey Fam Bam!
This week has been crazy, lots of teaching appointments that we've been trying to smash all into one day. It's been so fun though because we've taught a lot in English! I love Thai but there's just something about being able to teach the gospel in your own language. We taught Gladdus for the first time but we'd given her a Book of Mormon the Sunday before. At the end of it all she just looks down at the Book of Mormon and says, "I just want to know what a Mormon is!" Haha so we explained to her. It's fun teaching people with a Christian background because they have lots of questions, and I love questions! Sister Bee also got baptized! That was literally one of the craziest days ever. We were going to teach Brother Greet right before the baptism and he started having a seizure! We called the hospital and his family (we had no idea what to do, good thing there were members there as well to help!) and his brother came and helped him. It was a pretty crazy day. Poor Sister Bee, she was a little shaken from it all. And the font wasn't filling up with water so we took buckets and filled them up to help make the process go faster. But all is well, Brother Greet is ok, and there was baptism water! And it turned out to be a great baptismal service. One of my favorite things about baptisms are that they're all bright and happy! One of the happiest moments ever is being there to witness people coming unto Christ. I'm reminded of that each day, I have a great purpose here in Thailand! Yesterday Gladdus asked us why no one really knows about Joseph Smith and the restoration and we told her that's why we're here! We're here to help everyone know that God loves His children and that what once was lost is once again restored in these latter days. Can't help but think how great my calling is! 
So we have received our transfer calls! I am staying and Sister Forte is leaving a going to Chiang Mai! Yay for her! And my new comp will be Sister Belnap, my old STL :) So excited to start a new transfer continue to help this area. I'm really grateful that I got to stay, I'm hoping I'll be able to stay here for a while. I love this area! Time sure flies though, I can't believe how long I've been gone from Lampang. 
Well that's about all I've got for the week. It was a great week. God is real and the church is true! I love proclaiming that to the world everyday! 
Love you all, don't forget to read your scriptures. Legit, scripture power is a real thing. 
Have a great week! I'll email you guys next on the 21st! Mom's birthday! :) 

Loves, 
ซิสเตอร์ ริโย

"Safety for the Soul" - Elder Holland
This talk gave me the chills! Enjoy! :) 
Just hanging out at the church with some of the members!

Saw these cute little headbands while inviting and had to try them on!
Our investigator Michael!
Sister Bee got baptized!!

We taught Gladdus for the first time this last week! 
She's a nanny for one of the families in Nichada and comes
 to church with them every Sunday. She's from the Ivory Coast and way cool! 
Inviting in the slums down in Pak Kret



No comments:

Post a Comment