Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, April 4, 2016

Thailand/Chaengwattana week 51... Batispm, Watts, Fish, and Snakes... Its been a Great week!!

Hey Fam Bam!
My week was oh so great! First off, we had an awesome MLC. I learned about a lot of things that I want to change in myself. Not really from what anyone said, but I just received answers to prayers and revelation just from being there. It's so amazing how revelation works. Just from being in there and listening, ideas and thoughts came to my mind. The Holy Ghost is so subtle with it's promptings and if you're not listening or paying attention, you can miss it. That's something that we're trying to teach our investigators. I think a lot of us don't really know how to receive answers to our prayers because we make it so hard and complicated. The Lord works according to our understanding and gives us those answers in His own inspired time. Don't forget to pay attention to the little thoughts and feelings we receive. The Lord answers our prayers, that I am sure of! 
Michael got interviewed by President Johnson on Wednesday and he passed! He got baptized yesterday and I got to speak at the service. He was so excited! 
He's been waiting for this day forever, I don't think I've ever seen someone so excited to get baptized! I'm really grateful for the opportunity I had to teach Michael. He taught me a lot about humility and being submissive to the Lord. He was willing to give up anything if it separated him from God. He tried to get me to listen to a song on his phone and I told him we couldn't listen to that stuff. And then he started putting it away and saying he'd never listen to music again. He was willing to give up his music! Haha. We corrected him though and told him it was just us missionaries that couldn't listen to anything but the MoTab! He was pretty relieved haha. 
Today we went to Ayutthaya, I have wanted to go since I got here and finally my wishes came true! I got my feet eaten by fish, climbed an ancient wat, and held a gigantic snake (I swear that thing was going to eat me). 
Guys, I held this giant snake!! And I thought I was going to die!
That smile on my face is fake!
Getting my dead skin chewed off by little fish. Gross. But so fun! 

Me and my cute companion!
The Wat!!



Also learned some great news this last week. Apparently my RC, Brother Miit from Korat, is getting married to one of the members! And they're going to the temple next year!! Ahhhh best news ever! There's nothing greater than hearing that the people you taught of enjoying the blessings of the gospel. It was just a great week, I am so happy, so blessed to be apart of this mission and be in this part of the world. 



A great lesson that I have learned from this last week: how simple the gospel is. I think I've talked about this before but this last week I felt like it was really emphasized again for me. Sometimes I think we make the gospel harder and more complicated than it really is. And that's just not what the gospel of Jesus Christ is. And I know I need to do better with this in my own life and even in teaching. I've noticed that when we get all complex and trying to reach beyond, that's where we get confused and that's where the people we teach get confused. We've been teaching a less active family for a while now and they just weren't going anywhere. And then Sister Bel had an idea to just go back to the simple stuff. Prayer. We taught this family about prayer again and committed them to have personal prayers every morning when they wake up and before they go to bed. And it was miraculous! They still haven't come back to church yet but they have progressed more than they ever had before. They're getting back up there again. It was just another testimony to me about the simpleness of the gospel. I always wondered why other members weren't happy where they were at, why if this gospel was perfect it wasn't working for them. We have to start with these few simple steps that were given by President Utchdorf: Simplify and then start where you're at. 



"Exaltation is our goal; discipleship is our journey. As you exercise a little faith and begin your walk as a peaceable follower of our Lord Jesus Christ, your heart will change. Your whole being will be filled with light.God will help you become something greater than you ever thought possible. And you will discover that the gospel of Jesus Christ is indeed working in your life. It works." President Uchtdorf 
I know that this is Christ's gospel and it works wonderfully because I have watched it change the lives around me as well as my own. It works! 
Love you guys!! Have a great week! :) 
ซิสเตอร์ ริโย
Helaman 5: 12 Scripture Mastery. Build your foundation on Christ!

ps... We will have our pday not next Monday, but next Thursday. So don't forget to email me Wednesday night :) And next week is Songkrang!!! The water games begin next week on the 13th until the 15th. Wish me luck! 
On the ตุ๊กๆ in Ayutthaya!!

Floating market! 

Had to take a selfie!
My Pak Kret sisters!

Cookin' chickens in a pot. That's a new one I haven't seen yet.
This lady is selling some fish right outside of our condo. She was in the process of sticking some yellow fish eggs in the fish. I was trying really hard to not be grossed out.
Switch offs with Sister Sirikanjana and Donlaya. 
Sirikanjana is going to Temple Square soon so I'll be able to see her when I get back!
Being able to play the piano has been one of the greatest blessings
 in being able to teach others how to play as well. Thanks Mom for making me practice!
Switch offs with Sister Yang and Laoli!
Just the usual Thailand. This lady is literally the grinch! -Sister Belnap 
Oh how I Love Thailand!!

No comments:

Post a Comment