Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, August 22, 2016

Thailand/Asoke week 71...... Last Email from Thailand

Hello Family!! 
The last email home, never thought the day would come. It's been a super bittersweet week but the Lord has been blessing me so abundantly with miracles! 
We spent our Pday in Lopuri. And I just gotta say, if you want Planet of the Apes to be a real thing for you, just go to Lopuri because these monkeys rule this town. They were climbing all over us! One stole my earring and flossed it's teeth with my hair. Others were swinging on Sister Soyson's hair like vines, another bit Sister Htway (so we got to pay a visit to the doctor hahaha!) and after a while, I was kind of done. But it was a fun day trip haha. 
District เที่ยว! We went to Lopuri last Pday!

Monkeys everywhere!!

Monkeys climbing all over us, so fun!
Yeah that monkey was definitely eating my hair!
This monkey stole Sister Mags water bottle, 
unscrewed the lid and started drinking from it. 
Smart monkey!

Sister Oy. I've been working with her since I came to Asoke. She's had so many dates to be baptized but there were things that needed to be sorted out first. I absolutely love this woman though. She's been through so much. I watched her fall, pick herself up, fall again, get back up, even shed a few tears with her. She's has such a strong testimony of the atonement and it's healing power but it wasn't until she finally took the Lord's hand that she gained confidence back and her faith flourished. She called us a last Saturday saying that she was ready to be baptized finally. I got to watch her be baptized on my last Sunday, the day we had been waiting and working towards. She was so happy, and once again my heart was full to see someone I loved so much enter in the path. Such a blessing!! I testify that the atonement is real, and it works! I have watched it's power and seen it heal and cleanse the hearts of His children. 

Oy's husband, George, got to baptize her! 
So you know I realized that it was all worth it. Riding my bike in the searing heat, waking up at 6:30, going out to work even when I was sick, being chased by rabid dogs, talking to people even when I didn't want to talk to anyone, all the canceled appointments, skipped meals, setbacks, investigators that dropped us, rainy days or days that were hotter than hades, eating things that I didn't want to eat to make someone happy, being yelled at by crazy farangs, not being able to watch movies or listen to music. It was all worth it. And as I look back I can't even think of one bad day because in the end it always turned out to be a blessing. It was all so much fun. And I can't believe it's coming to an end. It almost feels like I'm in a movie. It's the end and we're all going our separate ways. The mountain was conquered and now I have a new adventure and mountain to climb. Heavenly Father has blessed me so much to send me to Thailand. I honestly always wondered why I came here, such a random place. But here at the end of my mission, I'm so grateful that He did. Thailand will always be apart of my heart and I don't think a day will go by that I won't think of it. This had been the greatest adventure, one that sometimes I wanted to turn back from and run. Sometimes the mountain seemed too hard to climb and I felt alone and inadequate to climb it, but one thing I've learned is that I'm not alone. Faith has been one of the gifts that God has given me and has kept me pressing forward. I have seen God's hand in everything I have done. He's been helping me all along the way. 
Words cannot express my love and adoration I have for this country and it's people. Thailand Bangkok Mission (TBM): The best mission! 
I love my Savior. I love my Heavenly Father and I love His children. I have loved being a full time missionary and servant of the Lord. Luckily now I know how to be a better servant and follower of my Savior, and I know that it will benefit me for the rest of my life. 
I will see you soon family! But until then, I still have 4 more days of work to do and I'm going to get as much out of it as I can! I'm really going to miss this.
Love you all!!!
From your loving full time missionary, 

ซิสเตอร์ ริโย

"God doesn’t care nearly as much about where you have been as He does about where you are and, with His help, where you are willing to go."
Elder Holland
My Thai sistas!!



One of my dreams came true on my last week! 
Got to help with the Red Cross and wear these cool vests!
Happily helping with helping hands :)
We had a baptism!!!
One of my Pakistani families,
 I'm going to miss them so much!!
This lady is making Roti. It's very fattening but very delish!

This is where I live!


No comments:

Post a Comment