Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, August 8, 2016

Thailand/Asoke week 69

Hey Family! 
Well life just keeps going faster and faster. One of the things I'm most grateful for in being a missionary is that it has taught me how to love the time and take things as they are. I guess I can say that I've learned how to enjoy the journey. It's been fun reminiscing over my mission. And it's all beginning to flash before my eyes again. Glad that I still have some time left to make more memories! 
This last week was just another one of running around Bangkok with my Burmese and Khon Thai comps. We're always running around everywhere! Sister Soyson always asks me if that day, we could please not run. Haha! But we end up having to run. We were running for the train that was about to leave one day and me and Sister Htway got in. But the doors shut right in front of Sister Soyson's face. It was like slow motion and yeah, we couldn't do anything about it. Thankfully she got on the next train and we met with her at her stop! That was a really intense moment since we were running late for one of our appointments! Yeah we have lots of fun adventures. I love my two companions! I feel like they are exactly what I needed for my last transfer. They both make me laugh and not take myself too seriously. Sister Soyson has been a member her entire life (her parents were missionaries here too!) which is very rare for Thailand. She's 23 even though she looks likes she's 16. She's just super sweet, cute and smiley. Very Thai! Sister Htway is a total tomboy and likes to tease us. She's also a convert to the church, and has a family that doesn't really support her. She hasn't been able to write to her family because they don't know how to email. BUT her dad just got an email today and emailed her! I just keep looking over at her shedding tears of joy. She's so happy. Life would not be the same without these two! How lucky I am to have met so many amazing people on my mission. I wouldn't have been able to have done it this entire time without the members, missionaries, investigators, people. They have all touched my life in some way. It has been their light and their faith that they have shared with me. I have seen God's hand in my life through them. Through their example and their love. I'm so grateful. 
I don't have too much for this week. Last Thursday I made a comment about how it hadn't rained in a while and within an hour it was pouring rain. It's been pouring all week! Such a nice change from the sun and heat. I learned how to play the piano again (haven't played in forever!). I learned that ice cream doesn't last very long in Thailand, I'm lucky that English is my first language (because everyone wants to speak it), I love senior missionary couples, I love Japanese food, Pakistani food, you name it. I just can't seem to eat Thai food haha! And most importantly I've learned that miracles come in the most unexpected places. You keep on working and doing your part, and the Lord does the rest. That's grace. And I've learned about the power of one. One person can make a difference no matter how small and unnoticed they seem to the world.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi

That's been my life motto, and I hope to live up to it! If you want to see a change, do something. If you want to see something happen, something change, you have to do something. 

"You'll get what you've always gotten if you do what you've always done."

And last but not least, my testimony. I have one, and it has been something that I cherished and fallen back on when it was hard. I know for myself these things are true. I'm not here telling fairytales, I'm here proclaiming eternal truths, things that are real. 
Love you guys! Have a great week!! 

Sister Carrillo 

"I am not obedient because I am blind, I am obedient because I see." -Boyd K. Packer 

These are my companions. Aren't they cute? :)

Visiting Brother Haily and Sister Nok. 
She told us we were her daughters since she didn't have any. 
I have so many mothers in Thailand!
Elder and Sister Ellsworth took us out for Mexican food!
Yum!!
The skyscraper in Bangkok!

Twinning Tuesday :)

1 comment:


  1. Do you need personal loan? Does your firm,company or industry need financial assistance? Do you need finance to start your business? Do you need finance to expand your business? We give out loan to interested individuals who are seeking loan with good faith. Are you seriously in need of an urgent loan contact us at Email: perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com
    APPLICATION DETAILS
    Your Full Details:
    Full Name:
    Loan Amount Need:
    Loan Duration:
    Phone Number:
    Applied before?
    State:
    Monthly Income:
    Country:
    You are to send this to our Company Email;perfectfinancialcredite@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete