Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Thailand/Korat- week 11 I'm just enjoying the place where I'm at right now. It's really amazing how much my mission has changed me!


Hey!

This week was a really good week! For one, it was overcast like all week and a lot cooler, like the coolest it's been since I got here. But it's still hot haha. But I haven't wanted to die everyday from the heat, so it's been really nice. We have switch-offs with the Mahasarakham sisters, so that was fun! I got to go with Sister Mcknight, I love being able to meet new sisters! 

We got some new investigators this week! The guy I talked about last week that we met on Sunday, Brother Miit, he's set to get baptized this Sunday! He's so prepared! We taught him Law of Chastity and Word of Wisdom yesterday and he already keeps them. Those are usually the hard parts, so that was great! He's excited though, he really loves learning about Christ. Sister Jenny also introduced us to more of her friends. She's just bringing them all to church! Brother Tuu, we're not sure about him because all he seems to like to do is feed us but we're still going to teach him and just see where he wants to go with this. We have a lot of really good potential people though. It's just a matter of getting them to church at 9:00 on Sunday. 

My love for inviting has really grown this week though. Really it's how we get our investigators and I just want to teach everyone! Plus I love talking to everyone. I think a year ago if I thought I'd be doing this, going up to people and just talking to them and inviting them to learn about Christ, I would've thought, "I can't do that." I've never been that type of person! But I'm getting over that fear of talking to people though. I enjoy it a lot now! They're so nice here too, I just love talking to Thai people! We invited at Yamo on Friday night where they had all the street markets. That was pretty cool, they have all this stuff to buy. Sometimes it gets distracting but it's nice because I go up and look at stuff and then they'll come talk to me and want to know why I can speak Thai. And then that's how I catch them haha! I'm kind of starting to get the hang of teaching too. It's been hard because the language holds me back so much. I feel like if I could just speak in English, I wouldn't struggle so much with teaching because I know what I want to say, I just don't know how to say it in Thai. But I just decided that I'm going to say what I can and feel as best as I can. It really works though, all you need to do is testify. And they always understand! 

This week President leaves :( But our new president is President JOHNSON! Is that the people that you were talking about? He comes this Wednesday and we're going to Khon Kaen on Thursday for a meet and greet with him. I'm excited to meet him! 
I saw the same-sex marriage thing on LDS.org yesterday. Me and Sister Mamea were like what?! I was just shocked because I forgot that stuff was happening back home. I feel so out of the loop, I have no idea what's going on! But it's ok, I feel like that's one of the really big reasons I needed to go on a mission. I think that it's preparing me for what's going to come in the future and what I'm going to face when I get home. Which, I can already feel myself strengthened. Before my testimony was strong, but now I have such a more eternal perspective on things. The world could be following apart but I have faith in Heavenly Father and His plan. And I know what I believe and what's right and as long as I'm doing those things, I don't need to worry what's going on. I just need to keep my testimony strong! That's crazy that that happened though! 
I'm getting a lot better, kinda. My hair is really thin, it freaks me out! I just need to go buy vitamins somewhere, and eat more apparently. Which is weird because I'm pretty sure I've gained weight! I'm trying not to worry about it but it's hard!
I'm really happy here! It's weird because I'm always tired and hot and sweaty and never get time to myself and getting rejected and eating food I hate and not speaking my own language but I have honestly never been so happy. It's just so crazy to me how that happens! How when you're on the Lord's errand and serving, there's no greater joy like it. I've really learned how to be happy in a place that I really didn't like up first and thought I could never love. It's been such a great thing for me, especially since I've always just rushed my life, wanting to go from one thing to the next. But here, I'm just enjoying the place where I'm at right now. It's really amazing how much my mission has changed me! 
Your guys week sounds like so much fun! I would've loved it, I love hiking.
I'm sad that Grandma and Grandpa are going to move! I love that house! I never got to take Lauren out there! Where are they planning on moving to? That's sad, but I guess they've been there forever. So, it's ok! 
Have a great week! Love and miss you guys! 
-Sis. Carrillo 
Scripture of the week: Words of Mormon 1:7
Just a stroll in the rain!
We were out inviting and this lady we were
talking to ran back inside and got us umbrellas.
We were like no it's ok!
She made us take them because she was afraid we would get sick!
So nice!!
Thailand is so beautiful after it rains!

House visit at Brother O's and Sister Duu's!  Love this family!
We were playing around in their garage!

Just taking some pics after church!

We were about to leave the church when it started pouring.
So we just had to hang out til it stopped.
Oh the life of a Thailand missionary!
Switch-off with Sister McKnight!
 Somtam, this is probably my favorite thing to eat here! 
 It's like a papaya salad with tomatoes, carrots, and nuts. 
 I can only eat it with one prick, but it's so good!
Sister Bon braided mine and sister Jo's hair, and we were matching!!
This is my new bike!  Isn't it cute?
It's a greenie just like me!
 I don't remember what this is called but it's pretty
much a fried crepe with chocolate and milk sauce on it.  It was so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment