Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Thailand/Korat- week 10 I realize I could never do any of this on my own! He truly is involved in every detail of our lives. I've always believed that, but now I know it!

My week was good!
Things are good here, we have transfers in two weeks which is crazy.
Sister Mamea and Sister Alley had switch-offs this week in Udorn so me and Sister T were companions for a couple of days. She's one of my Phii Thai's so it was really fun! Although it was hard for the both of us when we didn't understand. So I just do what I usually do, I just smile and nod my head like I understood everything haha! Anyways, when we were going back to Roi-Et for me to get Sister Mamea, I had to go to the bathroom so I go into the bathroom at the bus station and all there is is squatter toilets. I vowed to never use one of those so I go back out and say I can hold it for four hours till we get to Roi-Et. Yeah right! I was dying, and finally I said I'd use the bus bathroom. Again I walked in and then walked right back out saying I couldn't do it. I was being so stubborn about it! But by the time we had 45 minutes left I knew I couldn't hold it any longer and used that gross bathroom.  It literally was the grossest bathroom I've ever used. And then 10 minutes later we were in Roi-Et. I was so mad! But yeah, that's my sad bathroom story. 

Something we've been working really hard on this week is getting new investigators. We've been calling formers and potentials and inviting and nothing has really come of it. But this last week we called this guy (Bro. Tuu) we'd contacted a couple of weeks ago and we taught him at a pizza place. He'd met the missionaries before when he lived in Washington (he's a lawyer, but you'd never guess he was a lawyer!). They'd given him a BOM but he'd never gone to church and so now he said he wants to make up for it and try to help us. He's been giving us his friends numbers and comes to help us clean the church. It's so great! He likes to feed us a lot too, it's funny.

We had another cool experience yesterday. Sister Jenny has a friend she really wants us to teach. Sister Jenny is great too, she tells all her friends and co-workers about the church and if that doesn't get them she tells them about English class. She's a great missionary! Anyways, that lady was kind of shocked and was saying that right then she was too busy. So we walk back out and we see this guy working on his bike. We decided to talk to him and it turns out his mom had just died and she came to him in a dream. And in that dream he saw two American missionaries like us. We told him, "Hey, that's a sign!" He said he really loves learning about Christ but doesn't know which church to join. But he's interested in learning about ours! So we're going to teach him sometime this week. It's amazing how things like that happen. We just happened to be in the right place at the right time!
Me and Sister Mamea tried this new thing. We call RC's or LA's every single night and share a spiritual thought with them. We've been really trying to focus on LA's lately. There's a lot here because it becomes really hard when a lot of their family is Buddhist or they live too far away from the church or just stuff like that. The church is just really young here. But instead of a spiritual thought, we started singing hymns to them in Thai. We figured that we both love music and it always brings the spirit in. We sang Nearer My God to Thee to one guy. We've never met him before but he says he lives too far away to come to church. His whole family are members too and they don't come. But he said that when we sang to him, he remembered how he felt when he used to go to church. He didn't come to church last Sunday but I think just even bringing a remembrance to his spirit about those things is so important. We love singing to everyone now, and everyone that we call loves it. So we'll probably be doing that a lot!
Things here in Korat have been so great though. I'm still waiting for this hot season to be over. Or who knows, maybe it is over and I just can't tell! It only rains at night, which annoys me. I want it to rain during the day! But I guess that would just be too easy for me if it rained everyday while we were out proselyting haha. The language is getting a lot better. I try not to let it hold me back as much. I just talk and usually they know what I'm saying. But it really is getting easier! I tend to think in Thai now or translate things into Thai in my head. It's so funny how that happens! Every little bit of Spanish has almost vanished out of my head. I'm really sad! But it's ok, that's not what I'm focusing on right now. I'm trying to learn how to write in Thai now though. And read! Reading has gotten so much faster for me. I get lots of practice since everything is written in Thai anyways. Days and weeks are so short. Before I know, the weeks are just gone. My biggest struggle has been with the heat! I get super bad headaches from it. It really gets so hot here that I feel like I'm going to throw up! I try to remember what it was like to just go outside and not feel overwhelmed with heat. I can't remember haha! Heat at home is nothing compared to this. But it's amazing how much the Lord sustains and helps us through it. I don't think my body could take what it's taking now without the help of the Lord. I don't know how my body does it, especially because I'm so tired all the time! Waking up is the hardest thing for me to do. I have no idea why because I used to get up early at home. The other day I literally just could not move. My head was killing me and I could barely open my eyes. So I just rolled over and said my prayers and told Heavenly Father I needed His help because I couldn't do it. I was still half way asleep but I swear, I felt arms pick me up out of my bed. It was just such a testimony to me that Heavenly Father really is here with me. I don't expect this to be easy at all, and it hasn't been. I've been so humbled though. I feel like everyday I just become more and more humbled because I realize I could never do any of this on my own. He truly is involved in every detail of our lives. I've always believed that, but now I know it! 
Well I hope you guys have a good week! Love you!
-Mais 
My scripture of the week: Romans 8: 38-39
Happy Father's Day Papi!!
Selfie with Sister Siri!  She's my Fave!!
We were viting at the bung and there was a ton of people there just taking pictures. We thought they were taking pictures of the moon and were like, haven't they ever seen the moon before?? They had telescopes and everything. Apparently they weren't looking at the moon, but Venus and Jupiter. They looked really bright up in the sky, can't believe we didn't notice them! in
This is a bee hive that's on a tree outside the church! Scary! These bees are massive too! 
 
This couple in the ward thinks I look like this Thai celebrity. They tell me every time I see them! They made me pose like her and took a picture of me. I don't think we look alike, but I don't know. What do you guys think? haha.

This is a house right in front of the church. I don't think they had enough Buddhist statues.
I also think that they probably really want to be baptized! haha! 
They don't just have extra large. They have extra, extra, extra, extra, EXTRA large! 
You just got married, where are you going to go? KFC!
 Sister Mamea and I had a hay day with this!








No comments:

Post a Comment