Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Thailand/Korat- week 12 Transfers are this week! I'm pretty much done with my greenie stage which is so weird. I felt like I'd be a greenie forever!


Hello! 

It was another good week, once again it just flew by! 

So last P-day we went to the Zoo! The boys would love the zoo here because literally the animals are right there. Kind of sketchy but it was awesome! Sister Plaa was once again our guide and took us there. We just rode bikes around the zoo all day. It was a really fun! 

This week we also got to meet our new president! So weird that President Senior is gone but I really love President Johnson and Sister Johnson already. They're so chill and just laid back. I'm excited to get to know them better! 

Sister Namtan and Brother Ohm also had their wedding reception this week. It was a really fun reception! They had salad, which I almost cried because I was so excited (I know, I'm so lame!) and this crepe cake that was really good! They're so funny, they love to involve us missionaries in everything and introduce us to all their friends. They're the ones that think I look like Thai celebrity (I think her name is Margie or Maggie?) so they call me Sister Margie all the time. Which I'm fine with haha! 

Brother Miit got baptized this week! We finished teaching him with tithing and fasting and he was already doing those things! He'd heard about it in priests quorum and started separating his money so he could pay tithing. We were super impressed. I know I talk about this a lot but it's amazing to see how much the Lord prepares His people! And Brother Miit was definitely prepared! Us sisters sang at his baptismal service (sister Nang, the Elders investigator, got baptized too!). We sang Nearer my God to Thee in Thai. It was great! So much fun! 

So we didn't do anything special for the fourth. Me and Sister Mamea went to Sizzlers. We go there a lot! It's really big here which is funny because it's not really a big restaurant back in the states. But we did go to Brother Jared's and Sister Andi's for dinner last night in honor of the fourth (they're the couple from the Philippines). His sister made us spaghetti and this pork stuff. And Elder Bingham bought fireworks (we're talking like big fair fireworks!) and went to this field to shoot them off. Yeah, people that lived around there were not very happy, so us sisters were freaking out because we didn't want to get sent home over it so we ran to the car and had Brother Jared's sister take us home. So that was my fourth of July that I will never forget haha! 
So I finally made it to Romans in the New Testament! Paul is literally one of my favorite missionaries. I've had so much fun reading about him because he's exactly the type of missionary I want to be. He went through a lot of hardship but none of it hurt his faith. His stories is one of my favorites. I'd never really known about him until I started reading it though. There's a lot of good stuff in there! 
Transfers are this week! I'm pretty much done with my greenie stage which is so weird. I felt like I'd be a greenie forever! We'll get the call today though on who will be moving. I hope I won't move. I love Korat and I feel like I just started getting the hang of it here! But we'll see, I'll go wherever Heavenly Father needs me to! 
It was a great week! Can't wait for this next coming one! Love you all, have a great one! 
Sister Carrillo 
Chapter of the Week: 1 Corinthians 13 - talks about charity, it's a great one!
I finally visited a Wat!  So Cool!!
We always have to do a selfie!
This is the street we live in!
Brother Mitt and Sister Nang got Baptized!!

 
Two of my favorite people Brother Ohm and Sister Namtan got married!
(more like had an official wedding reception)
Brother Ohm and sister Namtan's reception
 
Our P-day at the Zoo was awesome!





We got to ride bikes around the zoo!
BFF's
Sister WanMai! She's a recent convert and so awesome!!
I found this cool wall while I was out visiting!















No comments:

Post a Comment