Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, May 11, 2015

Thailand/Korat- week 4 President is calling this MAY-racle (miracle) month, because we are going to see some miracles!


Hello family! 

My week was great! I didn't get to go to Bangkok with Sister Mamea this week but I got to stay here with Sister Buechter and Sirikwan which was really fun. I feel a lot safer too when we go out inviting when there's more of us. On Thursday when we were out inviting we invited this family that was Buddhist and the dad didn't want to hear anything that we had to say. So we kept on walking and then Sister Siri stopped walking and we could tell she was upset. I couldn't understand what she and Sister Buechter were saying because they were speaking in Thai but Sister Siri started walking away and I turned to Sister Buechter and asked what was going on. She said Sister Siri wanted to go back and share something with the dad but she was scared to. I turned around and yelled (in Thai), "Sister Siri! If you don't follow the spirit and go back now, you will regret it. You don't want to have regrets!" She looked at me and said ok and we walked back and kept telling her we'd back her up. She was so brave! She talked with the dad and there was another guy sitting there (we didn't know he was the son). Sister Buechter said we hadn't invited him yet so we went over and asked if he'd like to be cleansed from sin. He looked at us really confused about what we were talking about. He asked us how, and in as much Thai as we could we tried explaining what baptism was and who the Savior was. We got his number and after Siri was done talking we left. The dad didn't come to church yesterday but the son did! He has a baptism date set for the 24th of May! Had we not gone back, none of that would've happened! So important to follow the spirit. Even when I'm scared or feel weird, I sit there and tell myself that I don't want to have any regrets of what I wish I would've done. The worst thing that could happen is they say no! President is calling this MAY-racle (miracle) month, because we are going to see some miracles! Four baptisms per companionship is going to happen, I'm going to make it happen! At least our companionship is. We have a bunch of appointments with investigators this week, so we're crossing our fingers! 

Well, things are getting a lot easier. I read a talk the other day (In The Strength of the Lord) that talked about how the atonement not only helps us be clean from sin but it also gives us that enabling power for the things that we wouldn't be able to do on our own. It is only by the atonement that I've been able to give more than what I have and become stronger. I'm so grateful that I realized that!  

Something that you should all watch (it's maybe on Lds.org) is the John Tanner video. I think it's about 20 minutes but it helped me a lot the first week I was here. I cry every time I watch it (me and Mamea watch it a lot!). After watching that video, I decided to change my attitude. It helped me realize that I'm not here for me and it's not at all about what I want but what Heavenly Father wants. It was hard for me to submit up first and I kept telling Him I just didn't know how to be submissive. But He's taught me and every day it gets easier and easier.


Right before we went out for a mission wide inviting

it decided to pour rain!  I'd rather it be rainy and wet
then sunny and Hot!  Tender mercy from the Lord!
It poured!  I wish you could see how hard its raining!
Had a movie date night (day) and watched
 Ephraim's Rescue for P-Day!

This is our beautiful house we live in. 
Isn't it lovely!  Home sweet home!

It was so great talking to you guys and I can't believe I forgot to tell you Mom but HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! I hope you know how much I love you and how much you help me even though you're across the world from me. Every time I feel down or don't know what to do, I honestly can always hear your voice. Everything you've taught me and have said to me goes through my mind and it always gives me strength to go on. Thank you for being the best Mom ever! I love you Mommio!  
I love you guys all so much, I pray for you every day! Have a great week!
-Sister Carrillo 



No comments:

Post a Comment