Sister Maisie Carrillo

Sister Maisie Carrillo

Monday, May 18, 2015

Thailand/Korat- week 5 I have learned so much about faith while being here!


Hello Fam Bam! 

This week was a crazy one! It was spiritually as well as physically draining all week. We taught so many lessons, more than I have the entire time I've been here. But we have about 5 people that are committed to getting baptized this month and the beginning of June! We ask them the first lesson if they will be baptized and they've all pretty much say yes. It's just so amazing because they feel this spirit that they have never felt before and think it's amazing that we have a life after this one. That this life isn't just all about eating, sleeping and working. That there's more too it! Their spirit recognizes that truth that it already knows in our message. It's been so great! But I feel like because of that, I've also been hit really hard with everything that is wrong with me and that I can't do this. I recognized last night that it was Satan telling me all that. I really just don't think Heavenly Father would have sent me here if I wasn't able to do it. I realize that I'm here in this specific part of the world and whether or not I know the reason really doesn't matter. It was a hard week but I'm ready for this next one. I'm just grateful that I was able to recognize that. 

This week is crunch week because next week is the end of the month! I still believe that we can have 4 baptisms by the end. We've been working way hard for it. But even if that doesn't happen, I will have comfort in the fact that we did everything we could. Next week is also transfer week! So crazy that I've been here for almost an entire transfer. I only have 11 transfers left and if they all go by as fast as this one did, my mission will be over in no time. The days and weeks just fly because we're so busy. We're trying to get stuff done before transfers though because Sis. Mamea could leave next week. She's already been here for two transfers so I'm praying that she stays for three because I'll probably end up staying here and I really don't want a new trainer ha! But we don't know, we won't know until next Monday when the AP's call. Anything could happen! 

Well, I finished the Book of Mormon again and I decided that I would start reading the New Testament! I'm almost done with Matthew and I could probably just read on forever! I love reading about Christ. I've never really realized how much Matthew talked about faith. Christ heals those and performs miracles but He always mentions that it happened and is possible because of their faith. I have learned so much about faith while being out on my mission and I'm pretty sure I'll continue forever learning about it, because there's just so much to it! I think I always thought that Heavenly Father would hand me things just because I had faith and it would frustrate me a lot when things didn't happen. But I've learned that sometimes we have to have the faith to not be healed or have the faith for God to not hand what we want over to us. Having faith means aligning our will with the Father's and I always have to tell myself that this isn't about me or about what I want but what Heavenly Father wants. There's a lot of power in that of submitting ourselves and saying "not mine but thine will be done". 

I hope that everything is swell at home! Everything is swell and sweltering here in Thailand. I've almost made it through hot season, hallelujah! Next is rainy season, I'm so excited! It rained (more like showered) here last week. People probably thought we were insane because we were walking out in it (I was in love!) and plus they're afraid of rain (I still think it's weird). Love you all, praying for you guys always! 

Love, 

Sister Carrillo
Rain won't stop us from sharing the Gospel!
What do you do when the street is flooded on your
way to church?  You have a photo shoot while riding
bikes through the water! So Fun!!
Dedication for the new church building!
Love these sisters!
Our fun P-day activity.  We watched 17 Miracles!
Don't our Elders look like they're just having so much fun?
Anyways, while I was in the MTC I fell in love with the
song Savior, Redeemer of My Soul. 
Lots of people sang it at Devo's! I didn't realize that it was on my MP3 player
until I came here, the one by Dallyn Bales.  I also didn't know that it was
on 17 Miracles!  I listen to it everyday and I pretty much almost
cry every time I listen to it.  It's one of my absolute favorites!
While we were out contacting we saw this guy with
these dolls plastered all over his cart. 
The dolls light up and everything! 
We found it quite hilarious!  And Creepy!! 
I don't know what this is called but it's delicious!!
It's a banana covered in dough and fried!
It's SO good!!  I really love bananas in Thailand!
This is Sugii!  It looks gross, but it's not bad.
I mainly liked the noodles in it and the broth.
It's apparently really good for you, so I ate it!
Out inviting in the pouring rain!





No comments:

Post a Comment